Monday, May 4, 2009

Stole The Show dated- 10-01-07

Monday, October 01, 2007
Stole the Show
My dear sister, Denise, recently got married and wanted my little Diva daughter to be in the wedding. Anna Beth is upredictable so I was scared to death as to what she was going to do on my sister's special day. Sure enough, my dear child, became the center of the show.
The day dawned bright and clear and we had great hopes for the day that lay before us. Denise and I rushed around loading up the car and preparing to make the trip to the church. My husband, Brian, managed to bathe and dress Anna Beth and then I rolled her hair. She was an absolute delight that morning and I was thrilled at her behavior. Anna Beth's sweetness continued at the church while I fixed Denise's hair, Anna Beth's hair and my own. She was perfect until we pulled out the dress!
I had handed the dress off to Brian in hopes that he could take care of her so I could get my errands around the church done however Anna Beth had other plans. She ran around the church crying, in her bloomers for about an hour before we managed to get her dress on. Thank goodness that she was going barefoot down the aisle because that would have just been a disaster!
With the dress on and a few pictures snapped, we readied ourselves to walk down the Aisle. The only problem was that Anna Beth had a box of Goldfish that she refused to put down. I really thought that she would be carrying that box of Goldfish down the aisle instead of her flowers but Denise managed to distract her while I poured the rest out into a plant. From there we moved closer to the doors and Anna Beth choose to walk down the aisle with me rather than on her own. This went very well, she walked right up the stairs and stood in place waiting for my sister to arrive. The only problem was that she discovered that she could see all the people in the world that she loved the most and began to shout their names from the stage! She then turned to me and said, "Moma, its Neice! Look!" I agreed with her, that indeed it was Denise! Denise laughed while I turned red and the rest of the group chuckled. Oh, if only the drama had stopped there!
At this point, she was suppoed to go and sit down with her grandparents but she decided that she wanted to stay where she was for the moment and rather than risk a tantrum onstage, we left her be. Biggest mistake ever!
The pastor began to pray and Anna Beth began to run up and down the stage. Her Daddy arrived at the edge of the stage to grab her when she got close enough but she would giggle and run back to stand beside me. This went on about 3 times and then she ended the prayer beside me with her little hands folded and eyes closed like a perfect angel. Then she decided that Aunt Denise and Uncle Brad were spending too much time looking at each other rather than her. So off she went to stand right between them and yell their names in hopes that they would see her.
I had had enough and walked across the stage holding 2 bouquets in uncomfortable heels to drag my little darling back. I was able to get between Denise and Brad and grab her hand, at which point Anna Beth gets smart and goes limp! There I am dragging her across the stage by her arm as her body slides across the floor! I am as red as a tomato and regreating the day I ever gave birth at this point! Anna Beth managed to get away from me again and stood between the laughing Bride and Groom, yelling, "Brad!" while she grabs the front of his pants. Brad was now growing fearful that he was going to loose his pants and off I trek again to drag her back.
Upon arriving back in my spot, I kneel down and hold her and Anna Beth began to yell at me, "Let go of me mommy!" I finally conviced her to go see her Daddy and off she trotted to the edge of the stage while I am left sitting on the floor wondering how in the world I was going to get back up gracefully!
In the end we had a good laugh but the next time that anyone suggests that my little Diva be in their wedding I am going to tell them about the day she stole the show!

No comments: