Monday, May 4, 2009

Poor Miss Boots dated- 7-27-07

Friday, July 27, 2007
Poor Miss Boots!
We recently gained a new family member in the form of a kitten our 2 year old named Miss Boots. Miss Boots is a very sweet kitten that suffers much at the hands of Anna Beth. It has taken alot of fussing to get her to stop carrying Miss Boots around the house by her neck and holding her down against her will. I dare say, Miss Boots will truly enjoy a break when Anna Beth starts back to pre-school in 2 weeks! LOL
Today was one of those great days that I was able to stay home with my girl and have a fun day. I had finally talked Anna Beth into getting into the bath tub with me (she likes to be dirty a lot and would only get clean with a buddy!) and she tried to talk me into letting Miss Boots join us. I had her convinced that it would be more fun with just the two of us and off we headed upstairs to scrap the layers of dirt of of her. This is where Miss Boots made the fatal mistake of following us...
Anna Beth finally looked clean and she hopped out of the tub and leaving me sitting there to clean up her bath toys. The next thing that I know there is a terrified cat hurling through the air, landing directly in front of me in the water. Miss Boots never made a sound but she was anxious to make a quick escape from the lake that we call a tub.Miss boots made a hasty exit with Anna Beth hot on her tail. As I sat there in the tub stunned at what had just happened and laughing until tears were rolling down my face, Anna Beth was busy hatching her next plan.
I heard the cat crying and Anna Beth in the guest bathroom, where we keep the cat box. I knew this could not be a good sign so leaping out of the tub and grabbing a towel on my way, I arrive at a closed bathroom door. I slowly opened the door fearing what was on the other side. Looking down, there was a very wet Miss Boots being trapped in her litter box with my sweet, dear 2 year old standing guard to make sure that Miss Boots went potty.
In the end I ended up having to hose Anna Beth and the cat down in the shower to get all the wet cat litter off of them both. I made the decision to call my dear husband that was toiling away at work and fill him on the fun to be had at home.
If there is man out there that still believes that staying at home with your spawn is an easy ride, may you read this and heed a warning. Any mother that has had a fun delightful day like mine and does not bite her husband's head off when he walks in the door is a wife to be praised.
Anna Beth, someday, when you meet the love of your life, I will pull this story out and embarrass you and this will be my revenge! LOL

No comments: