Monday, May 4, 2009

For This I am Grateful dated- 2-27-08

Wednesday, February 27, 2008
For this I am grateful...
When my child...
smears ketchup all over her toys...
sits on the cat...
smears blue yogart all over her body...
colors my entire tub purple...
"helps" me in the kitchen and causes more work...
"plays" on the computer and deletes an afternoon of work...
tells me, "Momma, you know better than that"...
drags the cat around by her tail...
screams for an hour and 15 minutes solid because she does not want to go to bed...
rubs lotion all over the TV screen...
empties the entire contents of her dresser...
unfolds 2 loads of clothes that I had just folded...
pulls her bows out about 2 seconds after I have put them in...
crushes playdough in the carpet...
tells me, "The water in my kitchen does not work because it needs batteries"... (play kitchen)
colors on my bedroom walls with a sharpie...
tries to "feed" the fish" with her lunch...
drives me to the point of locking myself in my room and calling Brian...
I am grateful! I am grateful because God gave me a child full of spirit. A child given to the two of us to raise up as a Proverbs 31 woman. A little girl with a mind of her own and determination in her heart. In the moment I do not always choose gratefulness. When I look in her sleeping face every night I realize that God gave me a child that will always challenge me in my walk with my Father. A little girl that drives me to my knees out of concern for her spiritual growth, character and my own sanity. There was a time in my life that I believed I would never have a family of my own and now I am blessed beyond measure. Oh, yes! I am a very grateful woman to have the honor of raising one very special girl.
PS: I do actually watch her, and if you doubt me, I will be happy to loan her out for awhile! LOL

No comments: