Monday, May 4, 2009

My Child Shut Down Walmart dated- 6-12-07

Tuesday, June 12, 2007
My child shut down Walmart
I was shopping in the clothing section of our local Walmart with my adorable 2 year old when she gave me the scare of my life!
Anna Beth was standing about 5 feet in front of me and looking directly at me. I told her to come back and she looked at me and took off running to the right. By the time that I got to where she had been standing she was no where in sight. I immediatley began to yell her name which she completely ignored. Imagine that! I stood for about 2 seconds thinking that I can either keep screaming her name or risk embarrasment and ask for help. My fear of her having been snatched overuled my fear of embarrassment and I raced 10 feet away to the dressing rooms. I quickly stated that my 2 year old was gone and I could not find her. The next thing that I knew there was 5 Walmart associates surrounding the area and a "Code Adam" was being called over the intercom. My dear sweet Anna Beth, the apple of my eye, my pride and joy had shut down Walmart. No one comes or goes out of those doors when a "code Adam" is called! Very quickly, my angel was found grinning under a clothes rack. She had cut around behind me while I was looking for her and come out the other side. She found a nice little hiding spot under Materity shirts!
My face was beet red and then the battle began. She was going into the shopping cart, no arguments! Anna Beth, on the other hand thought that a great injustice had been done to her and she screamed for 45 minutes through the store! The store was full of older ladies who looked at me with their long suffering looks which just made me madder! One of them made the mistake of stopping and asking Anna Beth what I had done to her. That poor woman got her head snapped off and I have no doubt that she will avoid me at all costs if she ever sees me again! LOL
I am grateful that Walmart was so quick to respond but I will not go shoppping at Walmart alone with Anna Beth again anytime soon!

No comments: