Monday, May 4, 2009

Lesson From Overalls dated- 2-11-08

Monday, February 11, 2008
The lip stick is loose!
Anna Beth has been into everything lately! There are not enough places to put things out of her reach so we are always catching her in something.
Anna Beth loves to get into my make-up and lately she has been relentless in her quests to find where Mommy has stashed it next. Super Bowl sunday, Brian and I were upstairs getting ready to go our Sunday School's Super Bowl party when I headed downstairs to check on the girl. I found her elbow deep in my make-up bag. She had smeared an entire tube of expensive lip stick into the rug and all over some of her toys. She had also broken up a brand new blush and crushed that into the carpet as well.
I was very calm as I screamed for Brian to get downstairs. Brian knew Anna Beth was in trouble before he ever hit the first stair. Neither one of us touched her because we were too mad but Brian had a little talk with her while Mommy cleaned up the mess and then we all headed up stairs to get ready to go. I marched into Anna Beth's room and grabbed her denium overalls. She has developed a fashion sense and has decided that overalls are very ugly! As I walked back into my room carrying the overalls, Anna Beth collapsed on the floor in tears because she realized that Mommy was still mad and her punishment was to wear those aweful overalls! LOL (She actually looks very cute in them)
After struggling with her for half an hour, I finally managed to get her in the overalls and she calmed down. She did not say another word about her attire the rest of the nite except when we walked back in the door that nite. The first thing she asked for was to remove her overalls! Everytime she has reached for my make-up since then, I head for the overalls and she puts it down.

No comments: