Monday, May 4, 2009

Bottle Of Glue On the Carpet dated- 3-4-08

This has been one of those hard days with Anna Beth. I have been working hard on my day off to prepare things for her birthday party on Saturday and Anna Beth has done everything in her power to destroy the house.
Everywhere that she has gone today, there has been disaster in her wake! I readied a box of toys that the child has not played with in a year to go up to the attic. She promptly emptied the entire box while I had moved on to another room. I went downstairs to clean up down there and after I left the living room, she opened all of her DVD's and scattered them on the floor. I put stuff in the closet and she took it out. I baked her birthday cake and she screamed because she did not get to help. I washed the spoon and she screamed because she did not get to lick it. She got into the closet and emptied an entire bottle of glue onto my carpet and a TV tray.
I am so tired of getting on to her, putting her in timeout, taking stuff away, yelling at her. Today I need a break from being, "Mommy!" I am embarrased to say it because we are supposed to be patient in every situation but I am just tired of dealing with a 3 year old's drama! I litterally had to put her to bed and let her know that, "Mommy was going to her room to calm down." Then I lay on the bed and cried. I know that His grace is sufficient, but today, I am just not feeling

No comments: