Monday, May 4, 2009

Running In Circles dated- 4-11-07

Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Gold Medalist at running in circles
Why are there days that you work your butt off (not literally of course!) and at the end of the day, end up with a stack higher than when you started?
There are days at work that I think that I might have been better off if I had never come in. That way I would not be as far behind as I am now! It is amazing to me that I can start the day with 2 small piles and at the end of the day I have 4 huge piles, a full trash can and a list from my boss of things that needed to have been done yesterday. Am I the only one out there feels like some of us should be awarded a gold medal for working in circles at a very fast pace.
It is like the days that I stay home with my 2 year old. There was a day that I spent the entire day walking behind her cleaning up. Twenty minutes before my husband was to come home, I started preparing supper and then ran in the living room to clean up the toys one more time. It was the last big push before Daddy got home! While I was cleaning up Anna Beth's toys, she went into the kitchen and emptied my silverware drawer onto the kitchen counter. Upon arriving back into the kitchen after cleaning up in the living room, I discover what she has done. I try to laugh and then start to clean up the new mess. I was just finishing up with the silverware when I walk back into the living room and see her emptying her toy box again! It was at this same time that my husband walked in the front door, so I just gave up, sat on the couch and pretended as though I had done nothing all day since that was the way that it looked!

No comments: