Sunday, March 30, 2008

Inventory is over!

After working 12 and a 1/2 hours on Saturday, inventory is complete and the steady march towards our yearly audit begins. It has been a long and tiring week and I awoke this morning with a very bad migraine. Brian headed off to church leaving Anna Beth and I sleeping in the bed. I hated to miss my class but even my skin on my face hurt. I spent most of the day sleeping and my head is down to a dull ache.

Brian just took off with Anna Beth for a Daddy daughter date to McDonald's. She left dressed in her plastic dress up shoes and a pink purse filled with pennies! lol I had to hold back the laughter as she marched to the car in those shoes. Now I have a few minutes to myself to gather my thoughts and write about my weekend.

Friday was a busy day at work getting ready for inventory but I was looking forward to my evening with Brian. I had reserved us a room at a hotel near work so we could relax and spend some time just the two of us. My sister watched Anna Beth (thank you Denise!) for us so we could have a date in the midst of the craziness we call our lives. Brian and I have been so busy with work and Anna Beth is at that age that she demands to be heard that we have been falling into bed exhausted each night and forgetting to spend time with each other. Friday night, after work, we checked into the hotel and then headed out for dinner. After alot of talking, dinner and a margarita each, we fell into bed exhausted!

Saturday morning we headed to Starbucks at 7 am to meet my boss. We gathered the Starbucks orders and headed to work for a long day! After a bumpy beginning, variance reports, and recounts, we finally headed to pick up our girl at 7:30 pm. I had been staring at a computer screen for almost 10 hours, putting in part numbers and inventory amts. My eyes were glazed over and Anna Beth, after having not seen us since Friday morning, was ready to talk. All the way home she rambled. I am not sure of what all she said but here is a small bit of a conversation I heard her having with herself in the backseat.

"Uh, it's raining! How did that happen? Let me think... (humming) I'm thinking.... Mommy, look, the light turned green and it started raining and then the light turned red and it stopped! That's so funny!"

This was non-stop until about 11:30 last night! lol I really do not know where she comes up with the stuff that she says but it never ceases to be amusing. After some negotiations, because we were to tired to do battle with her last night, we finally got her in a bed in the spare room with the cartoons going. I headed to bed and was asleep long before Brian climbed in. (sorry Baby!)
Today has been a day of resting and I have refused to do any house work! The dishes and clutter will keep until tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, it is year-end so I will have another long day of journal entries, reconciling and closing out the year. I need to go back to bed now! lol

No comments: