Thursday, March 20, 2008

Checking my list...

Yes, I am a list checker and I think that this is rubbing off on my daughter. There have been times that I have been shopping and gotten something that was not on my list and I wrote it down and then marked it off. I know, I am a sick individual! lol Usually my day starts off with making my list wheather at home or at work. They are always longer than I can evr acheive and I cannot remember the last time that I was actually able to do everything on my list because as I said before, I am an overacheiver.

This morning, after finally getting Anna Beth into the tub and giving her the "list" for the day, I mentioned that we were going to the store to get groceries. Next thing I know, she has found a pad of paper and a pen and says, "Ok Mommy, what do we need?" lol I did everything that I could to hold in my laughter! I asked for a sheet of the paper and we both made our "lists" for the store. Next came the coupons. Anna Beth proceeded to go back over the list to remind me what coupons we needed. Off we went to the store and amazingly enough Anna Beth remembered almost everything we had written down.

The rest of the afternoon was spent with her "helping" me clean the fish tank, pick up the house, baking cookies and rice crispy treats for this weekend and down-time to just relax with my girl.

I know, you wish that you were me because my life just sounds so exciting! lol It is the life that I have prayed for for years. To listen to her chatter and be amazed at the things that she comes up with, to hear my husband's voice through the phone telling me that he misses me when he has just been at work for a few hours, to feel a sense of accomplishment when a room is clean (even if for just a few minutes) and to know that I am completely in the will of my heavenly Father.

At the end of the day, to hear my little girl remind us that we had to pray for our family before we go night-night is a sweet reminder of the time that we have invested in her little life. Of course, there is the 3 times that we have to send her back to bed after she has prayed so earnestly but she is not perfect and we are not perfect parents. We are parents that work very hard to teach her how to love and live like Jesus and be examples of that in our daily lives. We fail daily but we are covered by the blood and we persevere.

No comments: