Thursday, March 6, 2008

Stayed under budget!

I know this is going to sound silly to some of you but there are others that will appreciate it. Today was shopping day for the coming weekend. I budgeted $150 for all the food for Anna Beth's birthday party and extra family. When I say extra family, I am talking about feeding an extra 7 people! I made my list gathered my coupons and headed to the stores. First I hit the Dollar General Market to get the staples which are usually much cheaper there. I mananged to spend $75 there and then headed across the street to Walmart. There I spent $74.39. This is just under my $150 budget. This included some cleaning supplies and detergent. I am very proud of this accomplishment because this tends to be very hard for me to do. Iwas also thrilled that Anna Beth was on very good behavior and I was able to get done and home in 2 hours.

If you have not checked out a Dollar general Market, you should. I found boxes of Capri Suns for $2 and at Walmart they were $2.24. When you are buying 5 boxes, this is quite a savings!

No comments: