Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Grace Day!

Today was a day that I was able to exercise grace and able to do something that in my own strength I could have never done!

You see, I have a co-worker that has very little respect for me and in unguarded moments lets it be known. She had a couple of such moments today and I began to pray as soon as she let it slip. Everything in me wanted to just tell her off but I knew that my God's grace is sufficent. It took some time and a little ranting to Brian but I was able to forgive and move on.

Later I volunteered to help her with a project that she had been struggling with and again she made a hurtful comment. Again, I begin to pray. I know that there is nothing that I can ever do to change her opinion of me but it is my responsibility to respond with love. Not my love, but God's!

I know that this may seem small and silly to you but for me this was a victory moment! In my own strength I will never succeed but I know that in my weakness, my heavenly Father is very strong. Instead of anger, I am learning to bestow blessings. Instead of hurt, I am learning to bestow grace. Instead of a grudge, I am learning to love. God placed me in this position, not for the money, not for the benefits but for the opportunity to grow in my reltionship with Him. I am grateful that He loves me enough to sqeeze me until I learn to call out to Him!

No comments: