Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thick Paint...

What a day! My sister Denise took half a day off today and came by the house for an afternoon of girl fun. I had worked from home all morning so Anna Beth was ready for attention. We ate a quick lunch and then headed out the door. We went to a place called "All Fired Up." It is a place to paint pottery. We went cheap and Denise and I picked things to put in our fish tanks. Denise painted a turtle and I, a flat frog. I will add pictures when I get them back on Saturday. Anna Beth picked out a heart to paint and choose the color pink. Imagine that! Could the child be any more girly? LOL She had so much paint caked on that I had to scrape it off with a paper towel because it would not dry. I finally got it as smooth as possible and and added another coat. Then we added dots to cover all the imperfections. She ended up picking out another heart because Denise and I were not done. Who knew it could take so long to paint a turtle and frog that can fit in the palm of your hand? lol

After we finished our pieces and tuned them in for firing, we headed to the lake. I wanted to pick up some rocks to stack and put in the fish tank. Upon arriving, Anna Beth discovered the ducks and decided that she wanted to pet them. She spent a good 30 minutes chasing those ducks and never caught a single one! After chasing the ducks, she headed down to the lake to throw rocks in the "river." She picked up rocks that were so big that they basically landed on the ground in front of her. She was so funny and completely worn out by the time that we headed home. She was asleep before we arrived at the house!

it was a fun day and I got very little house work done. This was the only day that I am going to be able to stay home with her this week. I am working an extra day since this is our week of inventory and our fiscal year end is Next Monday. I have had to do alot of work from home in order to stay ahead of the game so I can handle the things thrown at me last minute. Brian and I are already tired and it is only Tuesday. I am about to wrap it up and head to bed right now. I will have sweet dreams tonight of a peaceful day with one of my best friends and my little girl!

No comments: