Friday, April 4, 2008

Family Day

What a fantastic day! Brian took yesterday off to just spend the day with his 2 girls and we had so much fun. We have been working non-stop lately and we just needed some time for the 3 of us.

We slept in and then took off for a day filled with fun. Our first stop was a place called "Pump It Up." It is a place filled with inflatable rides. Since it was raining all day yesterday it cancelled our picnic in the park so we spent $7.00 and played in inflatables for 2 hours. There was almost no one there so Brian and I climbed through all the slides and obstacle courses with Anna Beth and jumped with her. I have not heard her giggle that hard in a couple of weeks! She loved racing Daddy down the slides and having Brian and I jump so hard that it made her fall.

Next we went to lunch and Chick-fil-a, where again she played on the indoor playground. I really do not know how she does it! lol Then off we went to the store to pick up some food. Anna Beth loves to push the kid size carts and since we did not have alot to get, I filled her basket and she was thrilled. She is so funny driving that thing around. I have been trying to teach her left and right when we go to the store by saying turn Right or turn Left when we are navigating our way through the store. Usually the cart gets heavy and she throws her whole body into turning the corners. By the end, it is so full that she can barely see over the top of it. Just before we left she asked to see my list and she went over it herself. Anna Beth said, "Okay, let me see... we have got everything so now we go pay and go home."

After a lazy afternoon of a movie and naps, we had dinner and I gave Brian and Anna Beth hair cuts. It was one of the most perfect days ever and I am so grateful for those times where we can just relax and play together as a family!

2 comments:

Steph Watson said...

sounds like a perfect day to me!

Steph Watson said...

sounds like a perfect family day to me. I would love to meet your energetic little Anna Beth.