Tuesday, April 15, 2008

She is sooo sweet!

Lately Anna Beth has been coming out of her terrible two's and has overall been very sweet. We still have our moments but she is getting better! Today was a busy but good day. We had grocery's to buy and a house to clean! Anna Beth was very good but managed to get hurt twice while we were out. I think that she is even less graceful than I am, if that is even possible. lol While we were getting fruit at Walmart, Anna Beth leaned over into one of the big plastic bins holding grapefruits. She was trying to reach some apples just above them. AS she did this she actually managed to fall face first into the bin and there were grapefruits larger than a softball flung at her head. She also got hit with the bin itself. She was more embarrassed than anything but it was pretty funny. Later as I was pushing her through the store, she was playing in the back of the cart. I had gotten, at her request, the cart that has the 2 seats in the back. I had warned her 3 times to stop playing but she jumped one last time just as I was pushing forward. She fell backwards out of the cart and hit her head on the floor. This time she was really hurt. After some TLC, she sat quietly in the cart like I had been asking her for the last 20 minutes!

Lately, Anna Beth has really been putting together what we have been telling her about Jesus. We try as we have our teaching moments with her to tell her that Jesus is always with us and it does not just make mommy & daddy sad when she does not listen but it makes Jesus sad too! We are so grateful that she is also reinforced with this at preschool and church. The other day I heard her fussing at Boots (the cat) and this is what I heard..."Boots, you not scratch mommy & daddy's bed! That's not right and it make Jesus sad when you not obey!" I laughed but I was also grateful that she understands what her disobedience does to Jesus. She also asked me the other day, when she had not listened to me, "Mommy. that make Jesus sad?" I am thrilled that she is tender hearted and wants to please Him!

Last night when I arrived home, I discovered Brian and Anna Beth upstairs in our room. Brian was separating laundry to put up and Anna Beth was preparing "supper" She had set up and fake table and tablecloth on the floor fashioned out of blankets. She asked us to sit down and she headed downstairs to bring us our "supper" After a couple of trips she informed us that we needed to pray before we ate so we all bowed our heads and she began, "Dear Jesus God, Thank for you for this day and thank you for this food annnnnnd AMEN!" It was the first time that we had ever heard her pray aloud alone. It was so sweet and our hearts just melted!

I need to go spend some time with my husband. Denise and Brad were over for dinner tonight so we have not had much time to talk tonight. I will up-date again when I can but until then, God bless and good-night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is precious. I love hearing that. I wish Mikaela's heart was more tender like that ... she doesn't like to pray and rolls her eyes when we try to get her to.

Gabriel's prayers make us smile ... he thanks God for everything for he can think of. Once he thanked him for pop tarts and milk! That had to make God chuckle.