Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Bike Ride Observations

So Anna Beth and I loaded up our bikes and headed out for our first real bike ride together. I have several observations:

1. We need a bike rack cause 2 bikes are a tight fit with the girl in the back seat.

2. My bike seat is too high and it is like jumping off a cliff when climbing off.
3. While it may appear that I have plenty of fluff on my backside, it is no match for my bike seat! (It should be noted that my bike is the same bike that I have had since I was 15 years old and it has been about 15 yrs. since I have ridden it)

4. Anna Beth needs more practice because she drives erratically. There was A LOT of stopping and swerving.
5. Anna Beth had her first bike wreck and learned her lesson about her knee and elbow pads. That did not stop daddy from preaching about it when we got home. :)
6. It is best to always know where you are going or a simple 3 mile bike ride can quickly turn into a 7 mile bike ride consisting of circles.
7. Mommy gets snippy when she is lost!
8. Anna Beth is NO help at all in loading and unloading the bikes.
9. Mommy now walks like a 41 yr. old that has not been on a bike in 15 yrs.

10. Totally worth it and we will be doing to again soon. Maybe with a GPS and a bike rack though!

No comments: