Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Hope...

Last weekend we were at the Opry Mills Mall and walked past a Kiosk. I saw this sign…
. And tears started pouring down my face. I walked half way through that mall with tears pouring. I could not stop them. My heart hurt as I longed for a child I cannot hold but only imagine. Someday I will come back and get this sign. Someday…..

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
-Hebrews 11:1

This verse I have clung tightly to this week. It is the mirror of my heart and a promise to not stop believing in our child that we have yet to meet. The three of us spend time talking and dreaming about how God will use this child to change us and us to change him/her. This is a scary investment. This is taking a risk with our hearts. Brian and I understand the risk but I worry about the risk to Anna Beth’s. She prays for her brother/sister. She firmly believes God is working and preparing us all. It is a blind faith. It is terrifyingly beautiful and it is growing us in ways that I never thought possible. We are preparing with prayer, preparing with confidence and preparing in hope.

No comments: