Sunday, August 22, 2010

Joy In The Fire

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing." -James 1:2-4

My husband directed me to those verses today and they are a perfect picture of where my heart is resting. The last few weeks I have found so much joy in many ways.

To name a few:

1. Discovering genuine concern and care from people. We have developed new relationships and deepened old ones. We have found the power of people's prayers for us to be a great encouragement and comfort.

2. Seeing God's hand guiding us over the last couple of years to this point. Each job move, lack of jobs, losing material items when our home was broken into has only deepened our faith and dependency on God. What an amazing journey to this point.

3. Listening to Anna Beth's Witty banter has become all the sweeter. Watching her and her friends playing on the slip-n-slide full of giggles brings smiles to our faces. Even the satisfaction of cleaning our home together and realizing the wonderful place that God has provided for us gives us joy.

4. My favorite has been laying in my husband's arms, sharing my heart and my tears. He has listened, shared and prayed words of comfort over me. We have openly talked about how each step of this process is and will affect our marriage. At the same time we have openly talked about our commitment to one another and to developing our faith.

These are just a few of the things where I found joy. I know that the plans that my Father has for me are to prosper me and not to harm me. Thursday is approaching quickly and I will lose a part of me that I l felt has defined me as a woman for the last 28 years. I have discovered in the last few weeks that my heart has not changed and that is what my husband loves. Tears have been shed and will continue at times but they will not consume me. This fire that we walk through as a family will prove out our faith and trust in God. Joy will come in the morning and I look forward to seeing what God has up his sleeve next!

No comments: