Saturday, April 5, 2014

What Does a Spiritual Leader Look Like?

This is a hard one to define. My view of this have changed over the years. I used to imagine myself married to a man that spent his evenings holding prayer meetings in our living room. God had another type of man in mind for me. :)

Anna Beth developed a sincere interest in the homeless when she was about 5 years old. We were driving down the interstate in Nashville and she noticed a homeless man sitting under a bridge. She asked many questions and helping the homeless has been a mission of her's ever since. Recently, she had a birthday party and requested her friends to bring non-perishable food rather than gifts. She wanted to donate it to the Nashville Rescue Mission. Today, her and Brian finally had some time to take it and the 2 turkeys in my freezer down there. I stayed home so that I could get some cleaning done. When they returned Brian told me how the delivery went. He stated that on the way there, they prayed over the food and the people that would use it. They prayed that God would use it to minister to them.

No, I did not marry a Bible thumping man of God. Instead I am married to a strong quiet leader. A man that prays with us as we leave the house in the mornings. A man that reads a verse at dinner and discusses how it applies to us. A man that lays in bed with our daughter at night and prays over her heart. A man that is intentional in his relationship with me and our daughter. And let's be honest...the man is just plaid old funny!

No comments: