Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Bible Study in a Storm!

I have been finding it very difficult to get alone with my God lately. Apparently my child feels that she should have my full attention at all times. I have been having my alone time when she was laying down to rest in the afternoons but she is no longer resting. I also felt that it is important for her to see me reading and praying so that she sees that it is a part of our everyday lives. This becomes a bit useless when I yell at her to leave me alone so I can pray! LOL In the end I feel as though this time set aside has been for nought.

There is a balance and I feel that my time is being pushed aside when I also believe that it is more important than ever to have that worship time with the Lord. I love my little girl but I need this and am trying to find a way to make it work together. Oddly enough my time with the Lord today was focused on misplaced attention. My attention has been all over the place lately, not on the matters of my heart. This only seems to be amplified when I am kicking my child out of the room so that I can have a few moments of peace to reflect and meditate on the condition of the heart. I find that instead I am sitting there dwelling on my frustration that I do not have that time and wondering what she is destroying just beyond that door.

She is so precious to me and I am grateful to God that He gave her to me to raise. However in the midst of that I believe that the One to whom I am grateful is also being neglected. Today, while she did give me time alone eventually, she also decided to use that time to "clean and fill" her vaporizer. This ended up being poured all over the carpet in my hallway. Another mess to clean and another time with God interrupted. After fussing, cleaning and a few of my tears I realized that I had just ruined any witness that I might have been to my child today! Where is the balance and will I be able to lead my child toward the Lord?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Baby, I'm so proud of the way you try and lead our girl in the ways of the Lord. You really are doing a great job!I know it seems like a losing battle somedays with our schedule, but it's not. It's the little things that make a difference in her life. I need to do better about being the spiritual leader in the household and this blog has really conviceted me of that (in a good way). So thank you! I'm so lucky that I married someone with such a sensitive heart towards the Lord. I love you!