Monday, July 14, 2008

Ring, Ring, It's Boots on the phone....

On Saturday, we went over to my sister's house and had soem friends over to swim and eat. Anna Beth was fantastic until our friends left and then she turned quickly. We ened with a very rough afternoon.

We got stuck at their house until 9 pm that night waiting for Anna Beth's car seat to dry after and bit of an accident. When we finally had everything and were ready to hit the door, Anna Beth decided that she was not ready to leave. Brian handed me his cell phone and headed to the kitchen. I was not sure what he was up to but I soon found out. The phone started ringing and I realized that it was Brian on my sister's line. I answered the phone wondering what he was up to and heard the meow. Apparently Boots Kitty Cat Wood was calling! LOL I put Brian on speaker phone and called Anna Beth over. She was facinated when she realized that her cat had called and was asking her to come home. Bootsie never says a word at home other than meow but she talks up a storm over the phone. Brian hung up the phone and Anna Beth took him the phone and said, "Daddy, you want to talk to Bootsie?" I got up and headed around the corner to make the call and play Bootsie for a while. Brad and Denise were about to loose it on the couchand things got worse when Brian asked Bootsie to let him talk to the fish! I was loosing it behind the kitchen counter trying to figure out how to make fish noises and Anna Beth was believing it hook, line and sinker. LOL After the 2nd call, Anna Beth was ready to head home and see her Kitty but the only problem was, that she kept asking to call her cat all the way home.

On Thursday Anna Beth cried (and when I say cried, I mean screamed) non-stop for an hour and 45 minutes. We are having to be careful what battles we choose because we get tired of fighting with her. On Tuesday night, we went to Baskin Robbins for their $ .99 night and she went down a ramp that I told her not to. I told her when she got to the end that she would get a spanking when we got home if she stepped off. She looked at me and stepped off. All the way home, she said, "I don't want a spanking Mommy." I told her that she made that choice so now she had to get her spanking. When we got home, she refused to get out of the car. I unbuckled her car seat and she buckled it back. For 10 minutes she sat in that hot car with the door open and us staring out the window at her. I finally took the plastic spoon to the car and spanked her there. you would have thought that I killed her when in fact, I barely tapped her. She then screamed for another 45 minutes and we had to sling her over the shoulder to carry her in. Why? Why did we end up with the most stubborn child on earth? LOL I have never seen another child with the same determination that she has. She has actually been horse for the last couple of weeks from crying so much. I believe that she is also going through a growth spurt right now because she wakes up every night and has gotten very tall and skinny. Hopefully all will settle down once we get back to the routine of school and she is happy again.

1 comment:

Amanda Marie said...

I do believe my best friend's son could give Anna Beth a run for her money on the stubborn front. He also has very passionate melt downs about something you think/know is so minor. I guess they'll be very strong-willed and passionate about what they love when they're older. I have definitely noticed that little growth spurt too! I couldn't believe how tall she's gotten when I saw her two Sundays ago!