Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Too Cute...

Anna Beth has done and said that funniest things lately. On Monday, Brian and I took turns staying home with her because she was sick. I had the afternoon shift and was trying to get some work done from home when Anna Beth thought it would be a great idea to play the Brian's drums right behind me. I listened, appreciated and tolerated for about 20 minutes and decided that I had had enough. Just as I was about to say something, "I heard her say, "1...2...3...4... go!" Away she went banging with all her heart on her Daddy's drums. Last night she was counting off for him while he played! LOL That same day, she walked up to me and said, "Momma, I have the make-ups" This means hick-ups! She later came by again and informed me that she was ready to see her emails. (I have created a special email just for her that is monitored by me so that the family can send her stuff) Anna Beth cracks me up talking about listening to Mommy's I-pod and wearing her pretty croc's. She sounds so old at times!

Yesterday evening, Anna Beth was outside playing with her friends in the front yard and I peaked my head out to check on her only to discover her standing in the middle of the road at dusk! She has been warned on many occasions that she is never allowed in the road but she thinks that her friends can do it, why not her?! How so you explain to a 3 year old that they are not as old as they think that they are? I can usually trust her for brief spurts outside with the older girls because they keep an eye on her but this time they were keeping an eye on her as they rode around her in the street with their bikes! AHHHHHH! Trust is gone and Anna Beth is going to just have to put up with Mommy hanging around while she plays for a while longer.

There are days that I miss my baby but for the most part, I am grateful that my little girl is exactly where she is at. It has been so much fun to watch her personality develop and the discoveries that she has found. The time goes so fast. The other night I was kissing her on the neck and between her giggles she was telling me to stop. I told her, "No, Mommy has to do it alot because very soon you will not let mommy do it at all!" This is why I blog, to hold on to those special moments that someday will be hard to remember. Those little things that I laugh and cry over now will be hazy and forgotten. This is a way to preserve a bit of my girl for her to read about one day. I want her to know that her Mommy loved her, agonized over her and delighted in her.

No comments: